Suhfy's Saga

Monday, October 09, 2006

Awesome day! :)

Today was a great day! Here's why:
- It began with going to chapel to hear Don Miller. I got there at 9:45 to get a seat. I'm glad I did because the chapel was FULL. As in I really don't think there was a single open seat. Literally. It was absolutely packed. And he was amazing. He's just as good of a speaker as he is a writer. When he stopped talking I wanted to be like, "No, keep talking! You can't be done already!" It was really good and he had some really good things to say. Yay for Donald Miller. He's amazing. :) Oh, and he signed my book! So that was kind of cool.
- After chapel I went out with Fievel, who was here for the weekend because of homecoming being on Saturday. It was so good to see her!! We went to Zumi's in Ipswich (my first time there, finally!!) and got coffee and just sat and talked for like two hours. It was so good to see her and to talk. We think the same on so many issues, so it was really refreshing to talk to someone who feels the same way about stuff like consumerism and other American ridiculousness. Getting the chance to visit with her again made me realize how much I miss her. Fievel is great. We had such a good time together and she got me really excited to Argentina. Yay for Fievel. I love her dearly.
- Class with Holcomb was stupendous as always. He began the class by calling us all nerds for being in class. It was 75 and sunny today and he said we all should have blown off our classes and gone to the beach. (It was indeed an absolutely beautiful day. It was so warm!!) But he said that he liked us anyway, even if we were nerds and then we convinced him to have class outside. He said he was getting soft and let us go outside. He sat on a rock and we all sat under a tree and listened to him talk. It felt very Socrates-esque. :) We were talking about sex, sexuality, and gender for awhile and when he saw a group of perspective students coming up he was like, "And we're going to stop talking about that momentarily" and then pretended to be talking about something else. It was really funny and we all laughed and the perspective students probably all wondered what was going on. I loved it. It was so funny. So that was lots of fun.
- I worked in Gillies with "Tall Tim" and it was his first shift, but he did really well. That was fun. We had a great system down for making the caesar salads. :) I discovered that he does a really good Smigel/Gollum voice. That was scary. But he promised never to say the certain horrible phrase. Otherwise I think I would have to cry.
- After work I went to get ice cream at late night and Barb told me that I looked really good and asked if I had lost weight (which I did over the summer). So that was nice.
Now I should probably start my homework . . .boo. I guess wonderful days must come to an end at some point. . .

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home