The world's demands
Well, I'm feeling ambitious today (and much better too I might add) so I figured it was time to finally meet the world's demands and post about Mexico. :) Sorry for the wait.
The trip was great although the weather certainly left something to be desired. But we all survived despite the chill and were able to have a profitable and blessing-filled trip. We were working with a church called Dios Con Nosotros (God With Us) right near the border in the Otay Mesa region of Tijuana. In the mornings we worked on painting their large group Sunday school room and in the afternoons we hosted a VBS for children from the neighborhood. The painting took us longer than we expected due to water damage and other problems, but we were able to finish by the end of the week, which was great to be able to do. VBS was small, but went well and we were able to get close to the kids that we did have. They were so cute and were tons of fun to play and laugh with! We slept in the church on pews pushed together, which was actually fairly comfortable, and ate our meals with the pastor and his family. They were so hospitable and it was great getting to know them. We especially enjoyed the time that we were able to spend with their son, Devir. He was lots of fun and joked around with us a lot. And of course the food was amazing. I mean who can really complain about authentic home-cooked Mexican food? Yeah, that's what I thought. It was delicious! I definitely miss that! Other things that we did were explore Tijuana a bit, visit Devir's school and learn a little bit about their system, eat fish tacos (wootwoot!! best stuff ever!!), visit the border and see the no-man's-land area, visit the other sites that our teams were at, and walk around the neighborhood. It was definitely very different going as a leader this year, but a wonderful experience! I'm so glad that I did it! It was so neat to see the whole process and how everything came together for that one week down in Mexico. I loved it! I'm considering going next year again if I can rearrange my schedule, but I don't know if that'll happen. We'll see. I'd really like to though. I love Mexico and the Mexican people! It is such a great trip!
Hopefully that was satisfactory, but let me know if you have any other questions. I'd love to share more! :) I'll try to post a few pictures too. :)
The trip was great although the weather certainly left something to be desired. But we all survived despite the chill and were able to have a profitable and blessing-filled trip. We were working with a church called Dios Con Nosotros (God With Us) right near the border in the Otay Mesa region of Tijuana. In the mornings we worked on painting their large group Sunday school room and in the afternoons we hosted a VBS for children from the neighborhood. The painting took us longer than we expected due to water damage and other problems, but we were able to finish by the end of the week, which was great to be able to do. VBS was small, but went well and we were able to get close to the kids that we did have. They were so cute and were tons of fun to play and laugh with! We slept in the church on pews pushed together, which was actually fairly comfortable, and ate our meals with the pastor and his family. They were so hospitable and it was great getting to know them. We especially enjoyed the time that we were able to spend with their son, Devir. He was lots of fun and joked around with us a lot. And of course the food was amazing. I mean who can really complain about authentic home-cooked Mexican food? Yeah, that's what I thought. It was delicious! I definitely miss that! Other things that we did were explore Tijuana a bit, visit Devir's school and learn a little bit about their system, eat fish tacos (wootwoot!! best stuff ever!!), visit the border and see the no-man's-land area, visit the other sites that our teams were at, and walk around the neighborhood. It was definitely very different going as a leader this year, but a wonderful experience! I'm so glad that I did it! It was so neat to see the whole process and how everything came together for that one week down in Mexico. I loved it! I'm considering going next year again if I can rearrange my schedule, but I don't know if that'll happen. We'll see. I'd really like to though. I love Mexico and the Mexican people! It is such a great trip!
Hopefully that was satisfactory, but let me know if you have any other questions. I'd love to share more! :) I'll try to post a few pictures too. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home