Tidbits
Just some thoughts from Once Upon a Marigold:
~ "Marigold: I'm not afraid to have you know my thoughts. Isn't that what best friends do?"
~ "C: That's a wonderful idea. I pledge to share with you my thoughts, my sorrows, my joys, and never to lie or deceive. And I pledge always to listen to you and give help and comfort and companionship. -M"
~ "'Why should you offer anything but yourself?' she replied a bit tartly. 'That's what I'm most interested in. I've already got everything else any sensible person could want. More doesn't mean better. Enough is as good as a feast, you know.'"
~ "Even the most powerful person can be dumb about simple things."
~ "Marigold stood abruptly, furious tears pooling in her eyes. 'Whose idea is this?' she demanded. 'In the first place, I don't care if Christian is royalty; I'd marry him if he were a goatherd. And in the second place, he hasn't asked me. And in the third place, I'll not have him railroaded into something he doesn't want to do. Where's Mother? I'll tell her myself that there's going to be no wedding today.'
'But I want one,' Christian said . . . 'The only thing I want in all the world is for you to be my wife. We can sort out the rest of the stuff later.'
'Oh,' Marigold said.
~ "Marigold: I'm not afraid to have you know my thoughts. Isn't that what best friends do?"
~ "C: That's a wonderful idea. I pledge to share with you my thoughts, my sorrows, my joys, and never to lie or deceive. And I pledge always to listen to you and give help and comfort and companionship. -M"
~ "'Why should you offer anything but yourself?' she replied a bit tartly. 'That's what I'm most interested in. I've already got everything else any sensible person could want. More doesn't mean better. Enough is as good as a feast, you know.'"
~ "Even the most powerful person can be dumb about simple things."
~ "Marigold stood abruptly, furious tears pooling in her eyes. 'Whose idea is this?' she demanded. 'In the first place, I don't care if Christian is royalty; I'd marry him if he were a goatherd. And in the second place, he hasn't asked me. And in the third place, I'll not have him railroaded into something he doesn't want to do. Where's Mother? I'll tell her myself that there's going to be no wedding today.'
'But I want one,' Christian said . . . 'The only thing I want in all the world is for you to be my wife. We can sort out the rest of the stuff later.'
'Oh,' Marigold said.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home