Suhfy's Saga

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Averages

Hehe. So I found this amazing website that has hilarious values of average things. You should definitely check it out. It is quite entertaining. :) Here it is: http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/average.html
DISCLAIMER: You may not find this site at all interesting if you 1) are not a person who is easily amused (as I tend to be) or 2) do not find great pleasure in completely random facts that could never possibly have any practical application to life. I mean, who actually cares what the average lifetime of a goose is (barring any accidents)??? :)

Here is a brief sampling for you:

On average women say 7,000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000. (hmm. . . I guess the stereotype is true . . .)

On average, right-handed people live 9 years longer than their left-handed counterparts. (that's sad . . . :( *sniffle*)

The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in a lifetime.

The average cow produces 40 glasses of milk each day.

The average human body contains enough phosphorous to make 2,200 match heads.
(Who comes up with these things???)

The average llama weighs 375 pounds.
(That one's for you Dan. :))

The FDA allows an average of 30 or more insect fragments and one or more rodent hairs per 100 grams of peanut butter. (Hmm. . .yum, yum. :P Kinda makes you wonder what else is allowed in our food. . . hehe.)

A certain someone who hopefully knows who he is should check out the random fact that is 11th from the bottom. Hehe. :P
Anyway, just a bit of my randomness. Enjoy, fellow easily-amused friends! :)

3 Comments:

  • I actually saw this and was going to post it in a comment before I even finished reading your blog:

    The average person uses the bathroom 6 times per day.

    (6 times a day!?! that's an awful lot of wasted time in a person's life...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/15/2006 4:42 AM  

  • Hehe. :P

    By Blogger Beanie, at 1/15/2006 3:12 PM  

  • Well ya know you ate a lot worse than the FDA allowed germies in your peanut butter and freeko butter on La Vida.....just a thought to ponder!

    By Blogger Ang, at 1/22/2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home