Broken off . . .
It kind of scares me to hear about friends who have broken off an engagement. It makes me wonder: How do you know for sure? Sometime in the future when I get engaged how will I know that it's really right? They obviously thought it was right at the time and really loved each other, but now look. How do you know???


1 Comments:
Perhaps it is "simply" something akin to our relationship, only deeper. Breaking off an engagement doesn't have to mean you no longer care for someone, only marrying that one person would not be right for one or more reasons. Does that make sense, at least as a possibilty?
I think that any relationship is a matter of some degree of faith, even a friendship or simple as base as a co-worker. Granted, an engagement may be a bigger distance jumped, but leaving the ground is still taking the chance and believing you'll land safely. (Yes, it is late and my analogies are showing it.) Perhaps you'll never "know," but there comes a time you just have to believe it's time to jump.
As far as you, personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Trust God, and trust yourself; remember the lessons of your past but don't dwell on them; if you never risk being hurt, you'll never be fully whole; this is my advice, and it's from experience. "Take" it or "leave" it; that is what I have to offer. I pray God is your first love, in any relationship you come across. As I always will, I love ya, my friend.
~Joshua
By
Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 1:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home