Things are looking up
Well, I think things are going to be okay. When I first got out here this year I didn't really feel ready to be here. I got all moved in and everything, but I just had this heavy, distracted feeling. I just didn't really feel connected to what was going on. I was just missing my parents and the summer and everything. Then today I got a card in the mail from my daddy and it totally made my day. I opened it up and just sat and cried and it made me miss him and my mom so much. I was so happy to get it though. And I had a nice talk with God and just told Him where I was at and how I felt like this was going to be a hard semester for some reason, just with me missing home and everything. And I asked Him to help me serve Him here, because this is where He has me, and I have always felt that He put me out here for a reason. So I am going to trust Him the best that I can and live as fully as I am able this semester here. God is so faithful. After that the day started looking up and I had some good conversations with old friends, met some new little freshmen friends, and just generally got into the swing of things here. I really do love it here. It's just hard being so far away sometimes. But now I feel much more ready to be here and the two classes that I had today look like they're going to be great, so that will be fun. I think I'm ready now.
Thank you God for my amazing parents, the blessing of all my friends here and back home, and everything that you have placed in my life. May I serve you to the best of my ability and lean on you when I feel discouraged or lonely. You're the best, God. Really, You are. :)
Thank you God for my amazing parents, the blessing of all my friends here and back home, and everything that you have placed in my life. May I serve you to the best of my ability and lean on you when I feel discouraged or lonely. You're the best, God. Really, You are. :)


1 Comments:
I love ya!
By
Ang, at 9/07/2006 3:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home