Politicians are silly
So we received this email today:
To all students:
Last Monday, Dr. Tim Sherratt mentioned that copies of the U.S. Constitution would be available to students this week. On Thursday, September 28th at 12:30 p.m. in the Lane Student Center, you may pick up a U.S. Constitution booklet. We have a limited number available, so they will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Yeah, basically, some politician slipped a loophole into some bill that all colleges funded in any way by the government need to have the Constitution available for students to read . . . or something like that. They announced it in chapel and I found it rather amusing. Then when I got the email I had to laugh. Silly politicians and their random things thrown into bills.
To all students:
Last Monday, Dr. Tim Sherratt mentioned that copies of the U.S. Constitution would be available to students this week. On Thursday, September 28th at 12:30 p.m. in the Lane Student Center, you may pick up a U.S. Constitution booklet. We have a limited number available, so they will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Yeah, basically, some politician slipped a loophole into some bill that all colleges funded in any way by the government need to have the Constitution available for students to read . . . or something like that. They announced it in chapel and I found it rather amusing. Then when I got the email I had to laugh. Silly politicians and their random things thrown into bills.


2 Comments:
The "sillier" thing is that there is a need for that to be posted in a bill. Colleges should be doing that already, as well as high school, middle schools, etc. By the time a student gets to college they should already have an understanding of the Constitution, at least at a basic level. And they should already own a copy of it, and their respective state Constitution. But maybe that's just me...
~Joshua
By
Anonymous, at 9/25/2006 5:07 PM
*sigh* I forgot I had history majors in my midst. :P
By
Beanie, at 9/25/2006 9:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home