Stupendous
Wow, what a day it has been. And it's not even over yet! Who knows what other good things could be in store today? I haven't even had my favorite class (Children's Lit). I always have fun there too. However will I handle all the fun and excitement?? :P
Anyway, yeah, today has been a great day. Here are the highlights:
-It began with the usual 7am manager's meeting. There was much laughter and we had quite the good time. I mean, how can you not laugh when Erica says, "Is he a hamburger?" in the middle of an already silly conversation about Jud. And then our hilarious discussion of what we should get as managers, which included such things as tiaras, red capes with a big M in the shape of Superman's S, electronic belts with scrolling messages, waving palm fronds, trumpet fanfare, personal minstrels (in a Monthy Python sort of way) . . . you get the picture. And all because LaRhea just asked a simple question about pins. :) It was quite fun and much laughter ensued. And, to make things even better, I worked out my Saturdays dilemma. I love Sarah. She's amazing. :)
- In chapel, Greg Carmer used the word "ontological" again. I didn't know how to interpret it this time either.
- After chapel I went to the Beverly Library to find a book for my children's lit class that Gordon does not have because it has somehow disappeared. I found the book I was looking for, picked up some books for my author study while I was there, and was all ready to check them out. And then I saw it. That little shelf by the desk that said "Books for Sale." And I couldn't help myself. I had to look. I love children's books. And they were only $0.50 each! So I picked out a bunch. And then decided that it was too many and put some back. But then decided that some of the ones that I put back I really wanted, so I put them back in the pile. It was difficult. There were so many good ones that I wanted to get! And they were all almost brand new too! Usually books that are $0.50 are very well used! So I ended up getting a small stack, which I was quite excited about. I got some good ones. :) My mommy and Mrs. Jarot would be so proud. :) So I left the library in quite high spirits. Good book deals always make a great day! :)
- From there I went to Deaf Table and told my fun little story about finding books . . . in ASL of course. Andrea and I had fun chatting and teaching the new members some signs. I only taught one semi-scandalous one. :/ It just came up! I couldn't help it! It wasn't even that bad really. Just kind of awkward. Nothing like Deaf Min last week though. That was awkward. Haha. And I just realized that that conversation was actually about a made up sign for awkward too. How ironic. Lol. Anyway . . .
- After lunch I checked my email and I am lining up things to work out my study abroad stuff. I have an appointment to talk to my advisor tomorrow, and hopefully the financial aid people on Friday. So I feel like I am finally starting to make headway on that, which is exciting.
- Later in the afternoon I had Sociological Perspectives with Dr. Holcomb. Today was a super intense class. I really liked the class before, but now I have a new respect for Dr. Holcomb. He is such a neat guy and his class is amazing! He started the class by asking one of the students to borrow a pair of socks (he was serious!). And then later threw the trash can again (not so serious). :) But then the rest of the class we had this really intense, super good conversation about spirituality and what it is and how we define it and how culture has such a HUGE influence on that to an extent that I hadn't even realized before, and how religion should be all about transformation but we have made it about translation, and all this other stuff. It was SO GOOD! I know Dr. Holcomb jokes around in class a lot, but he has so many deep, profound thoughts. When class was done I wished I would've had a tape recorder because I couldn't write everything down. There was just too much. I love that class!
- I feel like I am learning so much this semester and it feels like it has just started. I just feel like I can't soak up enough! I love it! Last year was like that a little bit, but I was so busy that I couldn't really take advantage of it all the time. This semester I'm just like, "More! Give me more information! I want to learn more about that! Convict me with new and exciting things!" It's been exciting. I hope it continues.
- Wow. This has been a ridiculously long post and I should probably stop before it just takes up my entire blog! :) Now I will go get some dinner. I am hungry. Hopefully there's something good. :)
- Oh wait! And to top it all off, today was absolutely beautiful. It started out a bit chilly, but then warmed up and was so nice! That only added to the stupendousness that was today. :) Wow, I really hope nothing horrible happens. I am way too excited right now. :P Okay, dinner . . .
Anyway, yeah, today has been a great day. Here are the highlights:
-It began with the usual 7am manager's meeting. There was much laughter and we had quite the good time. I mean, how can you not laugh when Erica says, "Is he a hamburger?" in the middle of an already silly conversation about Jud. And then our hilarious discussion of what we should get as managers, which included such things as tiaras, red capes with a big M in the shape of Superman's S, electronic belts with scrolling messages, waving palm fronds, trumpet fanfare, personal minstrels (in a Monthy Python sort of way) . . . you get the picture. And all because LaRhea just asked a simple question about pins. :) It was quite fun and much laughter ensued. And, to make things even better, I worked out my Saturdays dilemma. I love Sarah. She's amazing. :)
- In chapel, Greg Carmer used the word "ontological" again. I didn't know how to interpret it this time either.
- After chapel I went to the Beverly Library to find a book for my children's lit class that Gordon does not have because it has somehow disappeared. I found the book I was looking for, picked up some books for my author study while I was there, and was all ready to check them out. And then I saw it. That little shelf by the desk that said "Books for Sale." And I couldn't help myself. I had to look. I love children's books. And they were only $0.50 each! So I picked out a bunch. And then decided that it was too many and put some back. But then decided that some of the ones that I put back I really wanted, so I put them back in the pile. It was difficult. There were so many good ones that I wanted to get! And they were all almost brand new too! Usually books that are $0.50 are very well used! So I ended up getting a small stack, which I was quite excited about. I got some good ones. :) My mommy and Mrs. Jarot would be so proud. :) So I left the library in quite high spirits. Good book deals always make a great day! :)
- From there I went to Deaf Table and told my fun little story about finding books . . . in ASL of course. Andrea and I had fun chatting and teaching the new members some signs. I only taught one semi-scandalous one. :/ It just came up! I couldn't help it! It wasn't even that bad really. Just kind of awkward. Nothing like Deaf Min last week though. That was awkward. Haha. And I just realized that that conversation was actually about a made up sign for awkward too. How ironic. Lol. Anyway . . .
- After lunch I checked my email and I am lining up things to work out my study abroad stuff. I have an appointment to talk to my advisor tomorrow, and hopefully the financial aid people on Friday. So I feel like I am finally starting to make headway on that, which is exciting.
- Later in the afternoon I had Sociological Perspectives with Dr. Holcomb. Today was a super intense class. I really liked the class before, but now I have a new respect for Dr. Holcomb. He is such a neat guy and his class is amazing! He started the class by asking one of the students to borrow a pair of socks (he was serious!). And then later threw the trash can again (not so serious). :) But then the rest of the class we had this really intense, super good conversation about spirituality and what it is and how we define it and how culture has such a HUGE influence on that to an extent that I hadn't even realized before, and how religion should be all about transformation but we have made it about translation, and all this other stuff. It was SO GOOD! I know Dr. Holcomb jokes around in class a lot, but he has so many deep, profound thoughts. When class was done I wished I would've had a tape recorder because I couldn't write everything down. There was just too much. I love that class!
- I feel like I am learning so much this semester and it feels like it has just started. I just feel like I can't soak up enough! I love it! Last year was like that a little bit, but I was so busy that I couldn't really take advantage of it all the time. This semester I'm just like, "More! Give me more information! I want to learn more about that! Convict me with new and exciting things!" It's been exciting. I hope it continues.
- Wow. This has been a ridiculously long post and I should probably stop before it just takes up my entire blog! :) Now I will go get some dinner. I am hungry. Hopefully there's something good. :)
- Oh wait! And to top it all off, today was absolutely beautiful. It started out a bit chilly, but then warmed up and was so nice! That only added to the stupendousness that was today. :) Wow, I really hope nothing horrible happens. I am way too excited right now. :P Okay, dinner . . .


2 Comments:
That seems like a very ontological post... ;-) Know about Sunday yet?
~Joshua
By
Anonymous, at 9/27/2006 6:07 PM
roomie,
ontological ontological ontological.
sign that!
By
Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 6:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home