Suhfy's Saga

Monday, November 06, 2006

For I know the plans I have for you . . .

There was a point in my life when I would have been crushed. As it is, I was rather disappointed, but thankfully one of my first thoughts was, "That is not where the Lord wants me." I recall that when I applied I prayed, "Lord, if this is not where you would have me, please let me know." Well it wasn't exactly a rejection, but it wasn't an acceptance. For whatever reason I am not meant to be in Argentina next semester. The program is full. Whether by my own procrastination or by God's planning or a combination of both I have been placed on the waiting list. But I have decided not to wait. I know now that I am not supposed to be there. I have no idea why, but God does. And that is what I am trusting right now. I will be honest. I am not completely at peace yet with not going to Argentina, but I am working towards that. Somehow I feel that God has been preparing me for this throughout the semester. He has drawn me to Himself slowly and surely, so that I can say "God does not want me there" and be okay with that. I'm not completely sure where He does want me, but I am moving forward in applying to Lima, Peru instead. We will see what happens. I am trusting that He knows best and that He will do what is perfect in His plan for me. Only He knows what that is, but I praise Him for that. I am His child and there is no better place to be than in that position. Thank you, Lord, for bringing me to this point. May I seek Your will and trust in whatever it is You have for me. Place me where You want me and may I serve You there. May I be open to Your direction. Thank you, Lord. Only You could have brought me here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home