Suhfy's Saga

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Odd realization

I had the weirdest moment at school today. I was talking about newspapers with my reading group and one of the kids mentioned that at a friends house there is a framed newspaper of when 9-11 happened and it says "Attack" in really big letters, etc. And one of the other kids in the group had no idea what the first student was talking about. As in, was not familiar with the fact that September 11th happened. It caught me totally off guard. How could someone not know about that?? But then I was talking to my apartment-mates about it and Platelet brought up the fact that these kids were only 2 years old when it happened. And I was like, "Oh... yeah... wow." It just seems so weird to me that the children of today were not really conscious of that happening because they were too young... I feel old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home