Suhfy's Saga

Friday, February 18, 2005

And the rest of the week too

And now for an update on the rest of the week since I didn't get a chance to the other day. Monday, of course, was Valentine's Day, which held a couple surprises for me. The biggest one was while sitting in Philosophy class. We had just finished taking a quiz and our professor was starting class when all of a sudden he announced that one of the members of the class had a message for someone else in the class. So he proceeded to put a transparency up on the overhead projector that said, "Happy Valentine's Day Leanne!! Your Cowboy loves you!!" And then of course he had to point out the fact that I was blushing . . . So that was a bit embarassing but still really sweet. It was a nice Valentine's Day surprise. :)
The rest of this week has been really busy. I'm not sure why, it just has. Probably because I've been sleeping rather than doing homework. It has been good to be getting a somewhat decent amount of sleep, but yeah, really not good for the whole homework situation. I'm really glad that it's Friday.
Wednesday night was really good though. I decided to ditch the homework for awhile and went to Wednesday Worship and I'm really glad that I did. It was a very refreshing time of getting my focus back where it needed to be and just getting my eyes back on God. It was a time of sweet worship and deep conviction, which was just what I needed.
Then on Thursday I met with my IRON partner, Abigail, and we talked more about what God was doing in our lives. I've really enjoyed getting to know Abigail. It's been so nice to be able to be completely honest with one another and share how we have seen God working and some of the struggles that we are having. There is something very intimate about praying with another person and lifting up their needs to the Lord. I love the way that God connects relationships. It is so amazing!
Speaking of prayer, if you feel so inclined I would appreciate prayer right now for decisions regarding next year. Jocelyn and Jen have asked me if I would be willing to lead Deaf Min next year, so I need to make a decision about that soon. Please just pray that God would guide me in that decision and that I would do what He wants me to do. I just want to follow His plans for my life.
So that's pretty much been this week. Now it's Friday and I'm hoping to both rest and catch up on some of my work this weekend. We'll see how that works out. Tonight I get to get all dressed up and go to the Gordon Globes with Kaitlin and other Wood buddies, which will be fun!
So yeah, have a great weekend everyone! I'll update again soon! (hopefully) :P Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home