Suhfy's Saga

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

It's been awhile . . .

Yeah, so I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I should probably do that . . . The end of last week was Quad break, which was nice. It was great to relax for a few days and not have to worry about classes! Thursday was kind of a hard day cuz it was really quiet and everyone was gone, so I was really missing everyone back home . . . Plus I found out that I'm not gonna be able to see my sister over Christmas, which means that I won't see her until summer. So that along with some other minor things all combined to really get me down. I walked around campus for awhile hoping it would help, but it really didn't. So then I spent some time in the prayer chapel talking to God which did help a little. I finally came back to the room and talked online to Dan and was able to calm myself a little bit before Angela called to say hi from back home. By that time it was pretty late so I figured it was about time to go to bed so I could rest for my exam the next morning. Before I went to bed I got a much-needed hug from Josh though. That helped a lot. Hugs are always awesome! So God allowed me to go to bed with a peaceful heart and get some rest.
The rest of the weekend went much better in that respect. Friday morning I had my final for Western Literature. Thankfully I was able to wake up for it, even if it was only 20 minutes before I was supposed to be there! :) Surprisingly I was fairly alert for just getting up and I feel like I did well on the exam. I was getting a little short on time towards the end, so my last essay might not be the best, but I still feel like it went alright.
Friday night I worked, then went candle-pin bowling with Josh, Bob, and Meg. It's a little different than regular bowling, so it took a bit to get used to, but I got the hang of it eventually. Somehow I managed to do significantly worse on my second game though . . . Not sure how that works . . . What can I say? It's me. :)
Saturday I pretty much just worked and then did homework and relaxed in my room most of the day. And watched Game 3 Saturday night of course! That was rather depressing since the Sox lost by alot . . .
Sunday wasn't all that eventful. I did some laundry, worked on homework and worked at Lane again. My parents called, which was nice. It was good to talk to them. Sunday night I went to Catacombs and afterwards watched Game 4. The Sox won!! It was a really stressful game though . . . I could barely sit still. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I became a baseball fan . . . It can't be good for your health to be that tense. :) We all survived though. The game didn't end until 1:30 AM so afterwards I tried to do a bit of homework then went to bed. So that was pretty much my weekend! It was pretty good overall.
Last night I watched Game 5 after work with everyone down in Gillies. That game was just as tense as the night before, if not more so! And it was 6.5 hours long!! Luckily it started at 5 so it wasn't that late when it was done. The Sox won again!! It was amazing! We were all so excited!! (Well, the Sox fans anyway . . .lol) Afterwards I went to Claymore to work on homework for awhile and managed to get some done before dozing off on the couch there . . . :P So then I got a coffee and came back to the dorm and read in the lounge until 4:30, then went to bed in my clothes . . . It was a long night. The weird thing is that I wouldn't have really had to stay up that late. I was reading for CCC and could've just not read it and it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I actually found the book interesting, so I wanted to get the reading done. It had some interesting perspectives that I hadn't thought about before . . . The book is about religion and politics and how the two should and shouldn't interact. It was really interesting . . . Eventually I decided that some sleep would be good though . . .
This morning I rolled out of bed in my clothes and went to my 8:00, then got some breakfast, took a shower and put on clean clothes. I think that's the first time I'd ever done that. Hmm. . .maybe once in high school. But yeah, the whole sleeping in your clothes thing works really well! :P The rest of the day was pretty much normal. Nothing too exciting . . . I'll update tonight on how the Sox game goes!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home