Weekend review
Well I figured I should probably update on how my weekend went and all that since I haven't posted in a few days. As you saw from my post on Saturday, the weekend was a little bit hard for me with everyone else's parents being here, but it went well enough besides that. On Saturday I slept in of course, then hung out in the room for awhile before taking some homework out into the world of nature to enjoy the beautiful day. I was originally going to sit out by Gull Pond and study, but on the way there the forest looked attractive, so I thought I would explore a little bit. I walked around in the forest for awhile, then found a relatively flat grassy spot to sit and do my homework. It was quite relaxing and very peaceful. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The rest of the day wasn't all that eventful. Watched a bit of baseball with Josh, watched his dad kill him at fooseball :), and then listened to a short jazz concert by Gordon's jazz ensemble. Later that night Joe totally made my day by calling me!! It was great to talk to him! We figured out that it had been since Operation Senior America that we had talked. So that was tons of fun catching up on the latest news! Thanks Joe! :) Saturday night one of Tara's sisters and her cousin stayed with us, which was fun. It was great to get to meet more of her family.
On to Sunday! Sunday morning I went to Immanuel Deaf Church, which is well . . .a deaf church . . outside of Boston. That was an incredible experience! It was obviously a very different type of worship style, since everyone there is deaf, but it was so amazing to see the way that the people showed their love for God through their hands rather than through their speech. I couldn't understand all of it obviously, but I picked up bits here and there. Jen helped interpret some of it. So that was really neat! I'm so glad I went! After church we all went to Fuddrucker's. It was my first time there and I absolutely loved it! It was so good! I don't mind Lane food, but something a little bit better was nice. The remainder of the day was spent doing homework, watching a movie with Josh and Bob, going to Catacombs, and studying some more. I did get to bed eventually! :)
On to Sunday! Sunday morning I went to Immanuel Deaf Church, which is well . . .a deaf church . . outside of Boston. That was an incredible experience! It was obviously a very different type of worship style, since everyone there is deaf, but it was so amazing to see the way that the people showed their love for God through their hands rather than through their speech. I couldn't understand all of it obviously, but I picked up bits here and there. Jen helped interpret some of it. So that was really neat! I'm so glad I went! After church we all went to Fuddrucker's. It was my first time there and I absolutely loved it! It was so good! I don't mind Lane food, but something a little bit better was nice. The remainder of the day was spent doing homework, watching a movie with Josh and Bob, going to Catacombs, and studying some more. I did get to bed eventually! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home