Heart for Asia Conference
Ok, so today I went to the New England Heart for Asia Conference sponsored by OMF. Wow!!! It was amazing, overwhelming, inspiring, exciting, empowering, eductional, encouraging, and so much more! I don't even know where to begin! Well, okay, for starters, I found out that Gordon Conwell has what they call a Shan Adoption Team that sends teams over to Burma every summer and this next summer they're going to Taunggyi and I really wanna go but I don't know if that would even be possible or if it's what God wants for me or if it would work out or any of that. But it was just so cool to talk with someone and have them actually know what I was talking about when I said that I was in Mandalay, Taunggyi, and Yangon. Just the familiarity of talking with others who have been where you've been and who share your passions. And just hearing from other missionaries in Asia and what they've been doing. It was just so good!! I loved it and I'm so glad that I went!! Wow . . .I'm so excited and overwhelmed right now. I don't think I could've had a better day.
Please be praying for me though. Pray that God would guide me as to whether or not the Shan trip would be right for me this summer and whether that is something that He has for me. Pray that I would be able to focus on my time here at Gordon and doing well at what God has for me right now because I want to go to Thailand and Burma so bad and I'm just really struggling with what I want to do now. For instance, why am I majoring in Spanish when my heart is in Asia?? And just all kinds of stuff like that.
Whew . . .yeah . . .it may not come across in my typing but all of that was just really fast and I'm so excited and I just want to go to Burma . . .Please pray for me.
Please be praying for me though. Pray that God would guide me as to whether or not the Shan trip would be right for me this summer and whether that is something that He has for me. Pray that I would be able to focus on my time here at Gordon and doing well at what God has for me right now because I want to go to Thailand and Burma so bad and I'm just really struggling with what I want to do now. For instance, why am I majoring in Spanish when my heart is in Asia?? And just all kinds of stuff like that.
Whew . . .yeah . . .it may not come across in my typing but all of that was just really fast and I'm so excited and I just want to go to Burma . . .Please pray for me.


1 Comments:
I shall indeed.
By
Anonymous, at 9/24/2005 11:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home